Name:
Location: Decatur, GA, United States

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cranberry HoneyFitz Love



I just adore these vintage lucite "cranberry" beads. I love how they hang freely on the extra large sterling kidney ear wires. Since Carrie and I bought our house on McConnell Drive-I have been able to see more birds than ever before at my feeder. Because we have almost an acre here in the city, it seems like my feeders must be a much-needed haven for my city birds. This year, I'll make garland out of dried cranberries and popcorn for the birds as we get colder. Last year, this treat was enjoyed the most by black-capped chickadees, cardinals and nuthatches. All hail the glorious cranberry.


Cranberry Relish Recipe

1 (12-ounce) package Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, rinsed and drained
1 unpeeled orange, cut into eighths and seeded
3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
Place half the cranberries and half the orange slices in food processor container. Process until mixture is evenly chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining cranberries and orange slices. Stir in sugar. Store in refrigerator or freezer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sew Succulent said...

I just love those beads! Anything, anything cranberry. I bet your house will be gorgeous with the cranberry garland - I may have to follow suit.

btw - that relish recipe is awesome...it's the same one Mammy makes.

September 21, 2008 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Kindra-At Home With K said...

Hi Jennifer!

I love the start of your new blog!! And did you see I hearted your new cranberry earrings?! I just LOOOOOVE them!

Cooper is sooo cute! Sons are so special.

I'm adding you to my blogroll! Have a great day!

September 22, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home